Motor Selection is important when you are planning to build a robot of your own. Choosing the right type of motor with the right features and sufficient torque will ensure that the robot works and moves the way you want it to. There are quite a few links that are helpful for those who want to find out how to do this right.
These are some useful links
- Panasonic Industrial Motor Selection Sheet
- RobotShop DC Motor Selection Tool
- RobotShop Motor Comparison
- RobotShop Motor Selection Tutorial
- Pololu Motor Driver, Controller Selection Guide: This is a useful site to get a comparison of the drivers and controllers (for robotics) on the market. Pololu is one of my sources for robotics components.
This potentiometer can be attached to the shaft of the motor thus saving space for building systems that require absolute rotary displacement. This is a single turn device and useful for rotation of less then 360 degrees.
Potentiometers are simple for position feedback and they are low cost hardware with low cost electronics (1 ADC channel) requirement as well. But these are not used for high performance systems.
Brand – ALPS, Murata.